We took the plunge and saw Breaking Dawn (part 1) this weekend. They kept it true to the book which is good in that it's authentic to the story, but bad in that this was our least favorite book in the series.
- Kristen Stewart hardly ever gasped
- Kristen Stewart hardly ever stuttered
- In general, Stewart's acting is improved
- Charlie - every scene he's in is a treat. Loved his wedding speech.
- Jessica's wedding speech.
- Bella looked absolutely horrible, which made her transformation at the end very dramatic.
- Edward "in shock"
- Bella trying to seduce Edward - very funny
- Alice is always adorable
- The very good supporting cast
- Jacob with his shirt off
- Fighting scenes
- Always enjoy Edward
The Not So Good
- It was slow. Lots of lingering looks and not much happening. They should not have made this into two movies.
- The mental, or psychic, chat between the wolves.
- Bella and Jacob during their moment at the wedding. It just seemed awkward.
- Lack of uber hot chemistry between Edward and Bella
- Jacob only had his shirt off once
- Edward eating Bella
- The birth
- The CGI baby face of Renesmee
- The imprinting. Sorry, it's still weird.
We went in with an open mind and didn't hate it, but it wasn't fantastic. Part of that is due to us not being crazy about the book and part is the splitting it up into two films. There just isn't enough going on to make it exciting.
The theater had a lot of people commenting throughout, and laughing in moments where it was not intended to be funny.
Several guys were part of a couple and clearly attending just for their girlfriends. During the imprinting scene, one guy behind us said, "Wait. So he's a pedophile now?"
So will you see it? Have you seen it? What was your Twilight Saga experience?