So we're participating in - as well as Hosting it in the month of November - this year long challenge which is broken up in monthly increments. It should be a blast so be sure to join in the party to promote reading!
Here's the scoop from J. Kaye herself:
The idea behind this 12 by 12 Reading Challenge came from two bloggers, Pizza’s Book Discussion in 2009 and FOMA’s National Just Read More Novel’s Month 2010. There will be twelve book bloggers, each hosting their own Just Read More Novel’s Month throughout 2010. Participants can join in one, two, or all twelve of these separate reading challenges. Each month starts a brand new reading challenge. And the goal? To simply read more novels. Each of us will follow the guidelines set for January’s NaJuReMoNoMo. The rules are whatever you want to make of them, but here are the guidelines the creator of NaJuReMoNoMo goes by:
1. Must Be A Novel. Works of fiction only, please. Memoirs, non-fiction, how-to books, and Garfield collections don't count.When FOMA’s National Just Read More Novel’s Month 2010 ends on January 31st, a new Just Read More Novel’s Month will begin on February and will end on February 28th. Royal Reviews will then host the next one, starting on March 1st and ending March 31st and so on.
2. Memoirs Aren't Novels. No matter how made up the story, anything ostensibly true isn't a novel. Also known as The James Frey Rule.
3. Start and Finish in January. I guess if you got some cool books for Christmas, Hanukkah or some other gift-giving event and jumped the gun, you can't be blamed. But I only count books I start and finish within the 31 day window.
4. Re-reading Doesn't Count. Try something new. Read something by your favorite author or try an entirely new author or tackle that novel you have always wanted to read.
5. Have Fun. Nobody is grading you or paying you or judging you. Read what you like and like what you read.
The above will change as each reading challenge host takes over. Below are the book blogs who are hosting these reading challenges.
J. Kaye’s Book Blog is hosting February.
Alaine - Queen of Happy Endings is hosting March.
One Person’s Journey Through a World of Books is hosting April.
Page Turners is hosting May.
Misfit Salon is hosting June.
Good Books & Wine is hosting July.
Bookworming in the 21st Century is hosting August.
Bibliofreak is hosting September.
Book Crazy is hosting October.
Teens Read & Write is hosting November.
My Life in not so many Words is hosting December.
Hope you'll join us starting next month for the 12 x 12 Reading Challenge - a year long festival of the love of books and promotion of reading!